UKC

Enforcing a Court Judgment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I have obtained a court judgement against someone who owed us money. Does anyone have any experience or advice they can offer as to what is the best way to enforce this?

I have looked at the https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk advice which is reasonably clear but the options there seem to all involve spending more money which might be throwing good money after bad.

Has anyone experience of selling a court judgement to an enforcement agency?

Alan
 Rampikino 20 Mar 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Hi Alan. Depending on the entity that owes you money it could be straightforward or a write off.

Some years ago I was sold a lemon of a car by a small garage that broke very quickly. I won my case in Small Claims, but the company liquidated and came back with a different name meaning that I had nowhere to go and had simply lost money.

If the company still exists then I understand you can enforce this with a small fee but would have to do the legwork yourself.

Sorry but I have no experience of selling to enforcement agencies.

Good luck.
 alasdair19 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Rampikino: As R says it depends on who / what owes you, and how much. Your are generally able to recover the costs of recovery as well.

If you enforce yourself you gain a lot of agro but maybe extra satisfaction.
 browndog33 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: Try asking on ukbusinessforums.co.uk, there are debt collection experts on there that will advise/ offer their services.
Mark.
 JSA 21 Mar 2013

Depending on the sum owed it may be worth writing it off, but if it is a substantial sum then still persue.
My other half used to work for a collection agency with difficult debtors, her company bought the debt from the creditor. A lot of these people never paid up and the debt was then sold on to another company and so on.
If it is a company who is still trading you stand a better chance of recovering with your CCJ aginst them if they want to get any credit. If they still refuse to pay up then you can obtain a winding up order(or threaten them with one), This last option usually works a treat.

HTH
 ohsmeg 22 Mar 2013
But be aware that to obtain a Winder will cost.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...