UKC

BBC Alba - prog on now re Afghan exped.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fraser 20 Mar 2013
For those that are interested and can get BBC Alba, there's a documentary on just now about for Afghans trying to become first to summit Mount Noshaq in Afghanistan, the highest peak in the country. .
 AlH 20 Mar 2013
In reply to Fraser: Thanks a lot for that. I've met some of the local climbers (Gurg Ali and Malang) and hope to see them again this summer!
OP Fraser 20 Mar 2013
In reply to AlH:

Nice one! They seemed a really decent bunch of guys. Thought the programme looked pretty good but unfortunately got a phone call during it so missed a fair bit of it. Not sure if Alba is on iPlayer, I'm guessing not.
 eltankos 20 Mar 2013
In reply to Fraser:
I think Alba is on the Iplayer channel list
Slainte
 AlH 20 Mar 2013
In reply to Fraser: The people there are so incredibly friendly and helpful. Their hospitality, even when they have almost nothing, is complete. Very humbling people. (And FWIW the Wakhan might as well be in a different country compared to Afghanistan South and West of Ishkashem).
OP Fraser 21 Mar 2013
In reply to eltankos:

> I think Alba is on the Iplayer channel list

It is indeed. Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01r99df/Soillse Series 4 A Streap Noshaq Afghans to the Top/

(you need to replace the spaces above with 'underscore spaces' for link to work)

In reply to AIH:

They come across that way in the film. Enjoy your trip!

andrewm1000 22 Mar 2013
In reply to AlH: Alan, two weeks ago I moved to north Afghanistan, Mazar, for the next three years. I cover Badakshan / Wakhan as part of my work and thinking of doing Noshaq next Summer 2-14. I'll make contact with the local guides who did the climb. I'll send a separate email to you re your 2010 trip. cheers Andrew

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...