/ Kinder conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jonintights - on 22 Mar 2013
Anyone been up to / going up kinder way over the W/E?

I'd like to know if there are decent winter conditions or if it is a big pile of wet slush before deciding to head out?
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights:

It will be frozen on the plateau tomorrow with today winds. Really cold up here at the moment. More snow and low temps expected tonight.
Someone else please?
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights:

Most of the cloughs will be iced up, quite possibly along with the easier route on the downfall.

Back tor is looking good for tomorrow morning.

Mam tor though looking bare is pretty much frozen.

I'm in edale as we speak and will be all weekend or until it warms up.
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights:

I think your a troll mate.
_Someone_ else please?
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights:

I've given you first hand advice, yet your choosing to be an arrogant idiot, your loss mate. Don't come and enjoy the rare conditions
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to xplorer:

How about coming meeting up for a climb tomorrow morning, I'll be in edale, I can meet you at the rambler. Your opinion will be somewhat different of me.

That's a genuine offer, you never know you might learn something
In reply to xplorer:

Please sssshh a bit
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights:

Your asking for condition reports and I have done my best to help you out.

I don't get it, obviously you were never interested in the conditions, and you were obviously never contemplating coming to the Peak District to climb.

If you change your mind about climbing get in touch, always happy to share any info I can aswell on conditions here in the Peak District and in the Lake District.
In reply to xplorer:

If I start again with a clean thread do you think you could leave it without posting for 24hrs?
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights:

What's your problem.
In reply to xplorer:

You win, I'm be in the rambler at 5:30pm tonight wearing a red carnation drinking Beamish without leashes.
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights:

It's a date, I'll fill you in on the conditions when you arrive my darling
Simon_Sheff - on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights:

Lots of snow, no ice. It's actually quite warm
In reply to Simon_Sheff:
Do you know what the turf is like? Was wondering about having a look at Back Tor, but I suspect it'd be soft.

NMM
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to Northern Mountain Monkey:

I can let you know by 8 tomorrow morning
In reply to xplorer: that'd be great. Thanks.
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013

You can get an idea of local conditions on the below link aswell

www.buxtonweather.co.uk/
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013

http://www.myweather2.com/Hill-and-Mountain/United-Kingdom/Peak-District.aspx?sday=1

Also that is a link to a good weather forecast, it has all the relevant info, and set out well.

Back Tor under snow without a good long freeze first is likely very soft. A layer of snow insulates it stops it freezing. My guess is it won't be frozen.
xplorer on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights:

It was pretty much frozen yesterday afternoon, so with last nights freezing wind and snow it should be in. Will update in the morning
Offwidth - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to xplorer: Snowed in??
Simon Caldwell - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Offwidth:
Probably - all the Peak District races are cancelled this weekend :-(
PontiusPirate on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Toreador:

> Probably - all the Peak District races are cancelled this weekend :-(

And some relatively low ones round my neck-of-the-woods too - more time for sledging :-)

PP.

andy wa - on 23 Mar 2013
In Buxton the turf isnt frozen at all, if you manage to get near any of the gullys you will just be swimming up them, not good climbing conditions really.
Got a job rob - on 23 Mar 2013
JTM - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights: It will be like the Arctic up there now!
Oliiver - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights: any one been on kinder today?.
pauldr - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Oliiver:

Went up today.. It was a bit wild.. Very deep snow in parts, high winds, so windy it was like walking backwards.. I go up quite a lot and i would say it was the worst conditions i have seen up there in a while
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to jonintights:
Turf on Back Tor 'semi-frozen' and semi buried. Mam Tor blasted but the shale is semi frozen and still shifts a bit...

NMM
Jimbo C - on 24 Mar 2013
In reply to jonintights:

Was up there today. Lots of ground stripped bare by the wind but with deep powder drifts in places. Turf frozen for the most part. Some small patches of windslab but not extensive enough to be a worry.

Went up Crowden Clough. The main pitch was formed but with water running down it and a bit thin in places (climbed the rock instead). Will be some good ice if it stays cold for a little while longer.

Very strong easterly wind on top and much spindrift. All in all, it was bloody hard work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.