UKC

Grease stains on down clothing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elephant0907 23 Mar 2013
As title really.

Decided to cook spaghetti bolognese whilst wearing my Alpkit Fila gilet yesterday. Went to put it on today and noticed there are about 4 grease marks on the front of it.

Semi-tried to remove them with a surface wipe type thing but didn't really expect that.

I have googled it but the answers seem to not properly take into account that it's down, or are just silly.

Has anyone removed such stains successfully before? How?

Thanks!

Ellie
 Mal Grey 23 Mar 2013
In reply to elephant0907:

I thought down jackets were supposed to be covered in stains, patches and marks, each one celebrating a previous trip and adding to the tale of your life? Or is it just mine!

I was going to suggest simply wiping it off. What you don't want to do is get the down underneath very wet if you can help it. If the stain spots are small and in an accessible area, you may be able to "work" the down underneath away from the affected area, and then carefully apply a little hotter water without it getting onto the down? Bolognaise is about as strong a stain as food gets though!

Bruce Hooker 23 Mar 2013

You could try dipping the whole jacket in sauce so the spots wouldn't notice? That's about what I did to mine, but not all at one go.
Removed User 23 Mar 2013
In reply to elephant0907: It's a down jacket not a ball gown. Consider it character building, like a scar or a limp.
OP elephant0907 23 Mar 2013
In reply to all:

I know they're meant to be covered in rips and muck and duct tape, but I don't want mine to be! I enjoy being warm whilst not looking immensely scruffy at the same time

I'll try the working it in idea, thanks!

blurty 23 Mar 2013

Either send it to the miraculous Franklins, or use a nail brush to gently remover the grease, then rinse.

Run_Ross_Run 23 Mar 2013
If its just the surface, and not soaked in, then try baby wipes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...