UKC

CIC hut

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nadir khan 24 Mar 2013
Been up at the CIC hut for a few days shooting and climbing. Have a short blog about it and some pics from the way up to the hut , in the hut and the gale force winds on the way down.
http://nadirkhanphotography.co.uk/blog/?p=596
http://www.nadirkhanphotography.co.uk/image/568

If you've not stayed at the hut it'll give you an idea of what its like .
 Fraser 24 Mar 2013
In reply to Nadir khan:

Great shots Nadir, thanks for posting. Never been in myself, but plenty of my friends have. Now I know what they're up to!
 Alex Slipchuk 24 Mar 2013
In reply to Nadir khan: where's a tha burds
Djhartley 24 Mar 2013
In reply to Nadir khan: Superb shots Nadir, it was unfortunate that the weather preceding our recent visit didn't last, still it was character building stuff. I had a look through some of your images on UKC, I particularly liked the shot of the bridge near the Kingshouse, I remember a few years ago heading south and crossed the bridge at exactly the same time as a coach heading in the opposite direction like you I don't tend to hanging about, definately a brown trouser moment! It was nice to have met, Darren.
OP Nadir khan 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Djhartley: Thanks Darren , it certainly was extreme conditions , back up on the Ben in 3 weeks if conditions are good .
Removed User 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Nadir khan:

If I may be a little picky, "Built in 1929 by Dr Clark and his wife in memory of their son who died from exposure when caught in a storm on the Alt a’ Mhullin.."

Charles Inglis Clark died of his wounds in Mesopotamia in 1919 if I remember the plaque that used to be on the wall correctly.

As an aside if you visit the hut at Laggan there's a plaque up there to all the SMC members who died during the Great war. Quite a sobering sight when you consider the small size of the club at that time.

Nice photos though, thanks for posting.
OP Nadir khan 26 Mar 2013
In reply to Removed User: Thanks , sorted .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...