/ dmm renegade

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
garbage - on 24 Mar 2013
Hi, I'm looking at getting one of these harnesses - mainly due to the floating waistband and plentiful gear loops. Anyone seen a good deal for it as they are rather expensive. best I've found is 60 at V12.

If not is there a cheaper alternative that either has two waist buckles or the same sort of sliding design with lots or large gear loops - main use is trad climbing.

Thanks very much
Mark F - on 24 Mar 2013
Adam Hughes - on 24 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage: 50 on rock and run, it's the pro version, so threadback buckles,

Which one are you after?
Dan_S - on 24 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage:
I found that the renegades leg loops cut into my thighs painfully when sat in it, so opted for Eldrid Jay harness (has floating waist band), and found the 4 loops to be a good size
garbage - on 24 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage: Cheers, Ideally it was the non threadback version but seeing as its 50 I can probably deal with that. I will check out the elderid one aswell
cuppatea on 24 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage:
If you're after a large size then the renegade pro can be had for 38 quid. See the "any harness deals?" thread.

garbage - on 24 Mar 2013
In reply to cuppatea: Thanks for the suggestion but I'm needing a small. Found that thread aswell which has got alot of good ideas
Camm on 24 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage:
I like my renegade, good harness, I think cheapest I found when I bought it was about 58, well worth it too.
cuppatea on 24 Mar 2013
In reply to danrock101:

I agree, great harness. Got mine from theoutdoorshop as linked above. Very good shop to deal with :-)

I think the renegade mark 2 is coming out somewhen ... might mean some bargains to be had soon on the 'old' model. Might be worth a google.

Shame that gooutdoors don't stock DMM!
garbage - on 25 Mar 2013
In reply to cuppatea: I tried it on in the shop the other day and now ordered. Thanks v much for the help
neuromancer - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage:

Hope you didnt get the threadbacks. I find mine to be a collosal ballache.
ads.ukclimbing.com
cuppatea on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to neuromancer:
> (In reply to garbage)
>
>
> Hope you didnt get the threadbacks. I find mine to be a collosal ballache.

I think your leg loops are too tight.

Or your waist belt is too loose and the harness is riding up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.