UKC

ultimatetrails.com - Any thoughts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JayPee630 25 Mar 2013
Looking at entering a 100km ultra at he end of the summer and have seen this one? Anyone got any thoughts or knowledge on it? The website looks a bit rubbish and info is a bit think, and it's their first year.

Any thoughts?
jjmacewan 25 Mar 2013
In reply to JayPee630:

Looks like its the same team behind Lakeland Trails. Did their Hawkshead trail race last year and I enjoyed it, all seemed to be very well organised.

My only 'concern' being a stingy Scottish hillrunner would be the relatively high cost, I'm too used to paying only a few quid for a race.
 Banned User 77 25 Mar 2013
In reply to jjmacewan: Its not too expensive..

Falls inside the quid/mile rule which often gets mentioned..

Its very vague. I suspect deliberately so, work out a budget but also not commit. Which seems pretty standard.

I've not done the LT's but never heard a bad thing about them, comments have always been very positive. There is a general negative view against professional race organisers, no idea why, they are just putting a service on.

Anything ultra is more expensive. The LDWA events remain cheap and low key but these big trail races do provide more, and more of an atmosphere. Horses for courses.
 Snax 25 Mar 2013
In reply to JayPee630: It's not quite 100km only 50miles, but I did the Dusk-til-Dawn last year run by Beyond Marathon and thought it was a brilliant event. Cost was low, only about £25. It's in October and I'm going to be doing it again!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...