UKC

Sheriff-Less at Woodhouse Scar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hoodmonkey 25 Mar 2013
Could the FA or anyone else familiar with this problem clarify something for me?

Sheriff-Less eliminates the back wall, crack and foot block, but the arete is allowed - is this correct?

Crackerjack is the same but also eliminates the slopey pocket?

I'm confused because if the above info is correct why does Sheriff-Less get 7C+ and Crackerjack get 7C/7C+? Surely it's harder without the pocket too?
 efrance24234 25 Mar 2013
In reply to hoodmonkey: your understanding of sheriff-less if correct. not sure about crackerjack... never herd of it tbh.
OP hoodmonkey 25 Mar 2013
In reply to efrance24234:

Thanks - it's good to know I've read the problem right.

Crackerjack is listed on a post from UKB as a new eliminate on the Sheriff bloc http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php?topic=21317.0

I just don't understand why it's graded easier than Sheriff-Less, when it eliminates more holds
 Lee Mac 30 Mar 2013
In reply to hoodmonkey:

Sorry for the confusion. Cracker jack eliminates all the back wall inc foot lock, the crack and the pocket.

The problem with the grading results from the fact that I spent a lot of time on the 2 eliminates so had them totally wired. When I did Cracker Jack it did not feel that much harder than Sheriff-less. I have been back on both problems recently and would say that Sheriff-less is 7C and Cracker Jack is 7C+

Its difficult to grade things when you have put so much time into the original problem and the eliminates. Cracker Jack climbs totally different to the Sheriff and worth the effort. I would appreciate any feedback on how you find both problems.

Cheers

Lee Mac
OP hoodmonkey 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Lee Mac:

Thanks for clearing this up. I've been working Sheriff-less for a couple of sessions and had climbed the bottom moves and the top separately - just need to link it. Having never climbed 7c+ barring a debatable problem at Buckstones that I think is 7c, I thought 7c+ was probably a bit much.

I actually prefer the eliminate line of Sheriff-less to the original Sheriff as the moves are fantastic and suit my shorter frame.

Will be keen to try and suss beta for Crackerjack once I've ticked Sheriff-less - it doesn't leave much to go at without the pocket!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...