UKC

Red Chilli Corona VCR

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sealwife 27 Mar 2013
Have just taken delivery of a pair of these and need to decide whether to keep them or send them back.

Has anyone got a pair and do they stretch and or mould to the foot shape significantly?
Or do I just have to decide what level of pain I'm prepared to tolerate!
 David Weston 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Sealwife:
They tend to stretch a lot, I've had a pair for the last two weeks, worn about 4 times and they now fit nicely. Havent previously had the spirits I know that red chilli tend to stretch a lot so went for a size and a half down from my street shoe, pretty painful to begin with but they stretch so much they fit like a glove now.
Other than that the rubber does tend to wear down quite quick, but assuming you bought them for 40 quid on rock and run like I did then I wouldnt be too concerned about lifespan.
Enjoy them
 thomasadixon 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Sealwife:

Mine stretched quite a bit iirc.
 colinmcmanus 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Sealwife: They do stretch (try shoving a tennis ball in them) and rubber can wear quickly.

I've got 3 pairs of Red Chilli Spirit, both velcro and lace up. Don't worry about the rubber wear, they're at their best after a resole, once they're moulded to your foot.
OP Sealwife 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Sealwife: Cheers folks. I think I'll keep them. Yes they are the forty quid ones from rock and run. I might get my 10 year old daughter to wear them in for me - evil mum.
 jenniwat001 28 Mar 2013
In reply to Sealwife:

I have a pair of RC spirit lace ups, they stretched nicely. My corona velcro however have never stretched and i can only keep them on fo short periods of time. I had them 2years before I gave up and bought the spirits, now I only keep them for the really tough routes- they are great shoes!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...