UKC

Slimmed down Jessops is back

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 woolsack 28 Mar 2013
30 Jessops stores to reopen having been bought by Peter Jones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21964291
 Run_Ross_Run 28 Mar 2013
In reply to woolsack:

Sounds good.
 Cameron94 28 Mar 2013
In reply to woolsack: Glad they haven't gone under like so many other high street stores.
 Enty 28 Mar 2013
In reply to woolsack:

He's ok that Peter Jones.

E
 jamesc88 28 Mar 2013
In reply to woolsack: I'm thrilled to bits... Has he got the balls to accept gift vouchers etc? (owed customers £1mill when Jessops went under)
 The Lemming 28 Mar 2013
In reply to jamesc88:

Why should he?

Business is business. Maybe people will stop buying gift tokens and either use Beer Tokens, that can be used everywhere, or spend time and thought to buy an actual gift?
 Indy 28 Mar 2013
In reply to woolsack: Anyone know of the shops that are re-opening or point to a list anywhere?
Thanks
 tony 28 Mar 2013
In reply to Indy:

The first 6 are opening in London, Manchester, High Wycombe, St Albans, Birmingham and Aberdeen. No idea about the rest.
 digby 28 Mar 2013
In reply to woolsack:

Well I hope they don't start selling all that cr*p off Dragon's Den.
 stoo2k 28 Mar 2013
In reply to woolsack:

I work near the Manchester one and had a word with the shopfitters a few days ago. Said they were going to be opening today, but that's not happened, apparently Monday now.

I wonder how Peter Jones is going to run it? Will he eschew high end gear that simply can't compete with online prices? Will they actually employ a small number of full-time knowledgable staff instead of being entirely staffed by part time college students?

Nice to see the shop back on the high street though. This end of Manchester Market Street was starting to look a bit glum!
 stoo2k 28 Mar 2013
In reply to woolsack:

Oh never mind... they literally just opened the shop... I'm going for a look
In reply to woolsack: The ONLY way Jessops could cope with the cheaper online sales avaiablity, is to offer highly trained staff who can personally advicse shoppers.
 stoo2k 28 Mar 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

It's actually EXACTLY the same as it used to be. Same staff, same products, same lay out... same prices.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...