UKC

Mountain leisure perth - very bad experience

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ian stewart 29 Mar 2013
Further to this post
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=535915

I can add my own experience: ordered a jacket in january, it still hadn't arrived by march, requested a refund, told on 13th that i had been given a refund, still no sign of it. Mountain leisure perth now ignoring my emails.

Avoid!!!
 Martin Wing 29 Mar 2013
In reply to ian stewart:
I ordered i top start of this month, still waiting for it to be dispatched after several emails and a phone call, il never use them again. Wish i had read that other thread before ordering.
ian stewart 29 Mar 2013
In reply to Martin Wing:

Aye, me too! I did receive my refund tonight, amazing what a bit of bad publicity can do! Good luck!
 MBean 29 Mar 2013
In reply to ian stewart: IFine that really hard to believe II have ordered lots of gear from mountain leisure and have had brilliant service and great prices. Would fully recommend them !
In reply to MBean: What a lot of posts you've made!!!!!!
duckman 30 Mar 2013
In reply to ian stewart: I can only comment on my own experience, I will use them first out of the numerous stores in Perth. I have always found them really helpful and have left the shop having ordered out of stock items before,and received them soon enough.Never had any of the sort of probs mentioned above
 robmack 30 Mar 2013
In reply to MBean: I'd hope you got great prices!
 jonskippy 30 Mar 2013
In reply to ian stewart: Mbean, you've made a lot of grammatical errors, I thought you went to uni? Unless its not you?!
 Martin Wing 30 Mar 2013
In reply to jonskippy:
This thread obviously worked, just got an email saying my top has been dispatched today.
 robmack 30 Mar 2013
In reply to jonskippy: controversial! Is that down to the distinctive grammar?
 timmeehhhh 02 Apr 2013
Same problem here, after countless phonecalls I have yet to recieve my refund. As it happens, it's marked as allready refunded in their systems since a couple of months... I'm from the Netherlands, so it's hard for me to go over there and demand my money back... Any tips on how to handle this?
 deepsoup 02 Apr 2013
In reply to timmeehhhh:
Did you pay by credit card? If so, maybe you could try to get your card company to reverse the transaction. (This is UK specific, I assume there is something similar in the Netherlands?)
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback/

If you feel the shop have been dishonest with you, perhaps you should contact their local Trading Standards office and see if they have anything to say about it: http://www.pkc.gov.uk/article/3434/About-Trading-Standards
 timmeehhhh 02 Apr 2013
Unfortunatly I used paypal, filed a complaint and forgot to upgrade it to a claim before the case was closed. So that option is blocked I'm afraid...
 AlisonSmiles 03 Apr 2013
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:
> (In reply to MBean) What a lot of posts you've made!!!!!!

Ah, where's my like button.
 hokkyokusei 03 Apr 2013
In reply to timmeehhhh:

Call every other day. Always ask for Alex. When he's "not there" as he mostly won't be, request that he call you back (though he won't). Eventually, he will get bored of you calling, realise you are not going to go away and refund your money. Personal experience.
 Neil Williams 03 Apr 2013
In reply to ian stewart:

To be fair, credit card refunds take 3-5 days, that isn't in the control of the company issuing the refund.

Neil
 alexcollins123 04 Apr 2013
In reply to ian stewart: Just use them to price match Go Outdoors - have done so many many times as they are usually very cheap.
 timmeehhhh 14 Apr 2013
In reply to ian stewart:

So the MLP guys contacted me trough the forum, but stopped replying after a couple of messages... Lots of good words but no refund yet
 xplorer 14 Apr 2013
In reply to timmeehhhh:

This shop sounds like a complete joke. What their doing is illegal.

People should be made aware of it. Have they a comments page on their website, I think not!!!
 robmack 14 Apr 2013
In reply to ian stewart:
I worked there a few years ago, it stocks different kit and is staffed by enthusiastic end users. As a local outdoor shop it's pretty good. It does sound like they've let a few folk down though, keep phoneing them and they'll pay though, It'll be disorganisation as opposed to dishonesty.
 Timmd 15 Apr 2013
In reply to Lace_up:
> (In reply to alexcollins123)
> Not a bad idea

Using a disreputable(?) shop to price match another shop into undercutting the rest of the market of many reputable shops is one way of getting a good deal I guess.
 robmack 15 Apr 2013
In reply to Lace_up:
I wasn't making excuses for them.
 Timmd 16 Apr 2013
In reply to Timmd:
> (In reply to Lace_up)
> [...]
>
> Using a disreputable(?) shop to price match another shop into undercutting the rest of the market of many reputable shops is one way of getting a good deal I guess.

That's more of a thought on capitalism by the way, than anybody on this thread.
 martinph78 16 Apr 2013
In reply to ian stewart: This is dispicable behaviour. Thanks or bringing it to light. I will never be a customer and I suspect they've lost a lot of other potential customers.
 martinph78 29 Apr 2013
In reply to ian stewart: I see they are now offering a UKC discount on the Soto stove...anyone fancy their chances?
 dutybooty 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Martin1978:
> (In reply to ian stewart)
> anyone fancy their chances?

I was tempted by the deal. Then saw who was running it. After my experience with it, this one and the general consensus of the myriad of replies to both. I frankly don't wanna give them the business.
 dutybooty 29 Apr 2013
In reply to ian stewart: But then it happened again!
In reply to all:

Owing to potential conflict of interests, we are not allowing newly registered users to post on this thread. I have removed a set of posts by a new user.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...