UKC

Edelrid Hawk 10mm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve nevers 30 Mar 2013
Just picked up one of these for pretty cheap, Decent rope or?
 Run_Ross_Run 30 Mar 2013
In reply to Steve nevers:

Bit too late if its crap though?
OP Steve nevers 30 Mar 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: maybe, but at that price it was a steal.
It'll have its uses even if it isn't great,was more wondering if anyone used one and had any experience with one.
 IPPurewater 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: The spec looks good Steve.

http://www.edelrid.de/en/sports/products/ropes/hawk.html

I haven't used this particular rope, but over the years I have had many ropes from Edelrid and found them all fine. In fact, I look for Edelrid ropes and compare them with others, each time I purchase a new one.

Ian

Gazlynn 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Steve nevers:

I bought one about 4 years ago. It was my first ever rope so please don't expect a lengthy review as I have not been climbing that long. It is now my go to rope for cragging as it's only 50 meters but it has served me well winter and summer although it did get wet easily in the winter. It handles well to this day and is as reliable now as when new. It doesn't show great deterioration even though it hasn't been loved greatly.

hope this helps

Gaz
OP Steve nevers 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: Cheers guys, more the information i was looking for..

Its got a real nice feel to it, hopefully going to get outside tomorrow and try it out. £40 for 30 metres brand spanking new wasn't a bad offer.
 kkris 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: This rope is fine - good handling, I have it since august and it is been used and abused still in good condition, gets easly dirty though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...