Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Ipad on wife's 40th birthday-help with wireless HDD + printer

Jimbo W on 30 Mar 2013
Hi Everyone,
Some technical advice being sought here. My wife would like an Ipad for her birthday, and I think we could just about afford the Ipad mini. She wants something to browse the web, watch films, email, skype, read e-books, make notes, which is small and easily portable. Part of this "birthday present" also involves me getting rid of my self built PC, which she currently uses at home, but hates (she doesn't like wires, and computers that make noise). So the issue is this.. ..we use Sky broadband, which works well, and have the sky router. Getting rid of the PC means that we won't have anything at home to connect our old printer too. Also we'll need some storage, especially for photos. So the questions are:
1) Can I set up a printer and hard drive to a router: if so how and what products can you recommend to do this. Would I be able to do this to my sky router, or would I need something to attach to that, if so what?
2) Will I be able to print from ipad okay
3) Will I be able to access and write to the hard drive from the ipad

Any other recommendations, for permament photo back-up solutions etc

Thanks so much in advance for any help or ideas you can suggest. Thanks.
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums