UKC

Resoling Rock Shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 barbeg 31 Mar 2013
Hi Folks,
Need to resole my rock shoes - any recommends of people you've used? Thoughts on types of rubber? (...no smutty comments now...)
ANdy
 g1m147 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Andrew Mallinson: Cheshire shoe repairs. They advertise in Climb magazine. I've used them a few times now.
 Andypeak 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Andrew Mallinson: I always use Cheshire shoe repair. Seem just as good as all the others and a few quid cheaper. Plus they post the shoes back free of charge. As for rubber I've never really noticed that much of a differance (I'm sure other will strongly disagree though).
 Puppythedog 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Andrew Mallinson: I used Torquil from llanberis resoles. Good service, excellent quality, had strong recommendations on here if you search.
 kevin stephens 31 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog:
> (In reply to Andrew Mallinson) I used Torquil from llanberis resoles. Good service, excellent quality, had strong recommendations on here if you search.
+1

Jon Ratcliffe 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Andrew Mallinson: use Torquil from 'Llanberis Resoles'. Google it if you need.
He does the best resole I've ever seen. With regard to rubber type, I really wouldn't worry about it although Torquil will offer you advice on this.
 sarahjk 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Andrew Mallinson:

Cheshire Shoe Repairs are brilliant, 5:10 rubber, shoes done well and back within a week. What is there to not like.
 mark hounslea 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Andrew Mallinson: Torquil in llanberis is the best;great job and outstanding customer service- most importantly the boots still retain their original shape and profile
 Murd 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Andrew Mallinson: If you have techinical shoes imho it has to llanberis resoles. I've had shoes done elsewhere and the result was poor to be polite. Nice bloke and excellent service, and a very good job.
 BigHairyIan 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Andrew Mallinson: never used any other, but Cheshire Shoe Repairs has always sorted mine...
astley007 01 Apr 2013
Torquil has done a great job on 2 sets of resoles(sportivas) highly recommended
 carl dawson 01 Apr 2013
Feet First in Chesterfield do an excellent job.
 Tom French 01 Apr 2013
Llanberis resoles did an amazing job on my katanas and defys, they feel like new.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...