/ Ski Mountaineering in Scotland by Donald Bennet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
colinshand - on 01 Apr 2013
Needing to buy copy "Ski mountaineering in Scotland" book by Donald Bennet
Does anyone have one they are wanting to sell or know where I could find one?
Cheers
Srick - on 01 Apr 2013
In reply to colinshand:

I don't really want to sell my copy, But its an awesome book. I did a tour today that combined two of the routes in the book. Great it was. Lovely written too.

Are there no copies on amazon, or ebay?
colin8ll on 01 Apr 2013
In reply to colinshand: I don't want to sell mine either as I love it! Can you not get a copy through your local library?
Eldon on 01 Apr 2013
In reply to colinshand: I picked up a second copy for a friend last year in a second hand bookshop in Cumbria. I suggest you draw up a list of second hand bookshops, email them and ask the proprietors to keep an 'eye out' on your behalf. Barter Books in Alnwick would be a good starting point, they have a good turnover of mountaineering books.
Mike Thornton
Jim Walton on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to RichardAWatson: Wowzers, cheapest one on Abebooks is 75!
Jim Walton on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Jim Walton: I'll look after mine a bit more.
In reply to colinshand: I'd sell mine. What sort of price are you looking to pay? This is highly sought after book so it is going to go for more th an its cover price. PM me if you want to discuss this.
Martin W on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Jim Walton:

> cheapest one on Abebooks is 75!

And yet two copies sold earlier this year on eBay for less than a tenner each one! I've also seen it go for over 50 on there, mind.

I considered myself fortunate to get a copy last year paying less than the cover price, from a second-hand book shop which clearly didn't know what they had. I found it through this web site: http://www.usedbooksearch.co.uk/ which seems to throw its net rather wider than Abebooks, while still including Abebooks in its search results.

Edinburgh Libraries list it as available to reserve on their web site, but apparently some antisocial type appropriated the publicly-owned copy for their private use quite a while back.
ads.ukclimbing.com
colinshand - on 02 Apr 2013
Thanks everyone for comments and suggestions. Just got a copy off eBay.
Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.