/ Monolith crack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Chay - on 01 Apr 2013
Ok, just how horrid is it?

I know it's only S but it's not the kind of route that can really be graded; my chimney climbing pervert friend wasn't to have a go- he likes to seek out the most grotesque routes.

I'll give the most appalling things a lead providing that it doesn't turn out NAILS.

C
JamButty - on 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: Oh its brilliant, get it done. Combine it with Chasm Route to the top.
Oh suggest you leave it a bit at the mo!

Chay - on 01 Apr 2013
In reply to JamButty: Yeah; definitely not doing it until it's warm..and dry and not at all horrid and wet..or snowy!

Mark Reeves - on 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: Not so much nails as very tight in places.

I had to back off and do the VS variation up the front, as I had the fear I was going to get stuck and my body would slowly decay and climbers would have to avoid the routes for years as I slowly rotted. I never thought I was claustrophobic but this route still haunts me!
Chay - on 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Mark Reeves: I'm only small 10stone ringing wet with a 27" waist, hopefully it'll be okay for me.

Sounds pretty grim mind..
victim of mathematics - on 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay:

It's brilliant. Claustrophobia or a fat arse are much more likely to be a problem than any technical difficulty.
Kafoozalem - on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay:

Such fun! Make your mate laugh and watch them slide back to the start :-)
a lakeland climber on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay:

Basically if you can get through the entrance then you've done the narrowest part, the rest is easy.

ALC
alan moore - on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay:
It's a bit disturbing entering the narrows. You are only shuffling sideways along the flat interior of the Crack but if you try and take a deep breath your ribs are compressed by the enclosing walls and there isn't room to turn your head either.
If you stay calm you should survive.
Ianto Bach - on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay:
A great "traditional" outing (as opposed to a great "trad" outing). Enjoyed the experience a couple of times, didn't find it too bad. I did watch a mate (who was climbing well at the time) have an epic on this - I think he was asking for trouble when he started out in his t-shirt and shades, oh how we laughed.

Get on it, potentially, you'll remember this route more than many others - I know I do.

Enjoy

I
Chay - on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Ianto Bach: Might have to go and get it done when the weather improves!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.