UKC

Solution for Fingerboard mounting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 madguernseyboy 01 Apr 2013
Hi all

Just wanted to share my solution for mounting my fingerboard. Its also easily removable and cheap. great if your in rented accommodation.

https://plus.google.com/photos/102157127915103012345/albums/586194999257105...

Brendan
 cb_6 12 Apr 2013
In reply to madguernseyboy: Great idea in theory, for me though my knees aren't that far from the floor when doing pull ups from my door mounted bar. I expect this kind of set up would be too low for me. That said, I saw a similar thing where the board was designed to slot onto the neutral handles of a pull up bar. Unfortunately I can't afford to treat myself at the moment, so I have to make do with hanging off my door frame and pinching weight plates
 Elrond 13 Apr 2013
In reply to madguernseyboy:

Does the board not move around at all? Thats a pretty brilliant set up, certainly saves spending masses on a proper fingerboard mounting set up!!
In reply to madguernseyboy: Doesn't look like you've used the mounting cups for the pull up bar. Can be very dangerous in itself. Used a similar setup myself for a while, apart from that of course.

More importantly, do you wear that red pinny for all your hangs?
In reply to Robertostallioni:
good spot! i didn't use the cups. I used the red inserts instead so it still atucally screwed to the frame.

and the pinny! it helps get those essential extra seconds hanging in

Toerag 15 Apr 2013
In reply to madguernseyboy: An alternative would be to get a powerbar and hang it off that.
 SGD 15 Apr 2013
In reply to madguernseyboy: Thats pretty much the set up I use appart from I drilled 2 holes in the ply about half up which allows me to hang the board slightly higher and therefore we can leave it mounted we are both shortarses so we can still walk underneath it without ducking. also rather than tying the 2 ends together board on I use a mallion and hook this though a loop. It's a little fiddly but not to bad. I've also stuck some floor protectors on the back of the ply where it sits against the frame to stop it rubbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...