Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Alpine bivy advice

hairy51 - on 02 Apr 2013
Hey All,

I'm after a bit of advice on keeping the costs down for an upcoming trip to the Alps in July. Last year we stayed in Chamonix and used the lifts/huts to get around. This year I'd like to try and cut the costs a little by bivying instead of using huts where ever possible.

I've done a bit of research on here and it seems that a sleeping bag rated to -10 should be more than adequate for what I need, including sleeping on the Col du Midi glacier. Kit wise, I have an alpkit PD600 & Hunka bivy bag which I'm hoping will do the trick, although I do run pretty cold. My bro is looking to get some new kit so is after some advice on what to get. We'd also be looking at staying around the Albert 1er hut to do the Aiguille du Tour.

So, assuming that the weather is ok, how cold can I expect it to be up there!? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hairy
... not showing 27 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums