/ The winter climbing season is now over...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ianto Bach - on 02 Apr 2013
For me at least. Still good conditions in South Wales, Craig Y Llyn still has plenty to go at. I was there earlier today, blue sky and fat plastic ice.

The reason my winter is over? My trusty 20+ year old Asolo plastic boots decided today was the day to disintegrate. This added some interest.

Still, can't grumble - I've certainly had my share of fun with these boots, and I bought them in a sale.

New boots required for next winter, time to start saving my pennies. on the bright side, I might even improve my footwork!

I
Chay - on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Ianto Bach: Shame that! I had a similar experience with a pair of Koflach plastics...I remember walking down a glacier with a sling tied around my boot!

Old plastics do tend to be prone to disintegration unfortunately :(

c
mux - on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Ianto Bach: what size are you ?

my winter season is over because I have goosed my ankle ..much more of this "excellent nic " stuff and I might be willing to sell the lot at a very cut down just get it out of my sight kinda price.

ads.ukclimbing.com
Ianto Bach - on 02 Apr 2013
In reply to mux:

Sorry to hear about the ankle, hope no lasting damage done.

The dead boots were a size 7, although I think they were a little bit too big - still, a bargain was a bargain.

I think I'll get my next pair fitted, can't say I'm looking forward to navigating through the B3 sea of boots out there.

I

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.