UKC

Ben Nevis Conditions 5/4/13

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Harry Holmes 05 Apr 2013
I was up on the Ben today and heres a conditions summary.
http://climberharry.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/first-days-of-summer.html
I will add photos as soon as I can, sorry!
 KA 05 Apr 2013
In reply to naffan:
Great stuff, well done! I was out on Hadrian's Wall Direct today, and there were other teams on Sickle, Point 5 and Left Edge Route in our area.

Photos here: http://www.applemountaineering.co.uk/2013/04/05/ryans-first-v-hadrians-wall...
 Andy Cloquet 05 Apr 2013
In reply to naffan: Admirable spirit of 'go': i would love to have the neck to solo Orion Face but the company of my closest climbing friend would, I think, be better....if you're reading this, Mike..how about it?
OP Harry Holmes 05 Apr 2013
In reply to naffan: And now with photos
 Neil Adams 06 Apr 2013
In reply to naffan: Nice one Harry! (I hadn't realised you and "naffan" were the same person!)
OP Harry Holmes 06 Apr 2013
In reply to Neil Adams: We are indeed the same person. Thanks Neil!
Tim Chappell 06 Apr 2013
In reply to naffan:

Crumbs. Tower Ridge solo, Orion solo... Finished by 9am...

How did you spend the rest of the day? :-0
 Milesy 06 Apr 2013
In reply to Tim Chappell:

Haha. Impressive stuff.
OP Harry Holmes 06 Apr 2013
In reply to Tim Chappell: I wanted to get back so I could pack for going to spain on sunday and revise abit.
Daniel Caola 07 Apr 2013
In reply to naffan: Thanks for that Harry, you lucky sod it sounds like you had a great time.

I had second half of march off work but it looks like I should have taken first half april instead. I have this weds and thurs off work though (I work weekends), forecasts are saying slight rise in temp mid week but I'm guessing orion, smiths, green gully etc might be ok, does anyone have an opinion on this?

However BBC weather site says fort William +7c so I don't know how it could be as low as -4c at 900m (MWIS) which makes me a bit nervous. If I had looked at the BBC one only I wouldn't even consider going. Any ideas?
Daniel Caola 07 Apr 2013
In reply to Daniel Caola: bbc now says +8c fort William for weds/thurs, MWIS still saying -1 to -4 at 900m...?
 Euge 10 Apr 2013
In reply to naffan: Can't be right...

1:55 to climb Tower Ridge and then 3:05 to get down Number 4 across to Orion Direct and climb that!!!!

Man, that is some speed.

E
 Michael Gordon 10 Apr 2013
In reply to Euge:

It's great how much quicker things are on the solo!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...