UKC

chamonix climbing team wanted for this summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
markcollins87 06 Apr 2013
Hi,

My name is Mark and I am looking to climb mont blanc this summer. I have 1 failed attempt last summer however I blame this on lack of preparation and as I was doing it solo. I am looking for anyone interested in joining / making a team of climbers to do mont blanc the quickest route and have some fun whilst we're there. I am 26 and have previous alpine mountaineering expeirience. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Look forward to any like minded people who are up for the challenge.
Willbutch 09 Apr 2013
In reply to markcollins87: Hi Mark. I have climbed it before and had a trip planned this summer that has fallen through. When are you thinking of doing it? Will
 Milodeane 10 Apr 2013
Hi Mark,

What days in the summer were you thinking of? I have a fair amount of alpine climbing experience in Norway and Scotland and I'm headed off solo trekking to the Alps in a few weeks time, fully geared up with crampons and ice axes etc. for some higher climbing. I would love to join climbing Mont blanc though if you wouldn't mind.
markcollins87 12 Apr 2013
In reply to markcollins87: I haven't any firm fixed dates, it will be a case of identifying any one that would be up for doing it then go from there, there is not too much planning needed as accomodation is plenty and getting there is easy enough,
 Milodeane 12 Apr 2013
Well I will be trekking in the Alps for a few months starting the end of this month, I'm 18 my name is Milo and I have some limited high altitude mountaineering experience though lots of rock climbing and leading for ropework, give me shout if that sounds ok, I really want to climb mont blanc and best way is with a group so am up for any date as long as I can get there in time.
Willbutch 14 Apr 2013
In reply to Milodeane: Ok Mark Cheers. Well although busy on the mountain then, I am free mid august so if you plan anything over this period I would be very keen to come along. Keep me posted. Will
 Milodeane 15 Apr 2013
Hi Will not sure how my plans will go at the moment, I am officially leaving on the 30th of this month then I'm more or less staying until the money runs out, but do you want me to email you probably nearer the time when I have a better Idea what I'm doing. Would love to meet up if possible thanks.
Sounds exciting. I'm the same age as yourself, and have a fair bit of experience walking etc. in the highlands of Scotland including some climbing routes and winter routes. Anytime from the 1st July onwards suits me. When you thinking, could you keep me in the loop? Cheers, Michael
 Andy Can 03 May 2013
In reply to Michael Haywood: hi there, I'll be in Chamonix 20 Jul til 16 Aug with family, car and kit. I'm pretty experienced but not pushing hard grades. Happy to do a high walk, climb, ice routes, valley crags etc if you're free. No great plans so very flexible with time away from family as we're out there for a month. Andy
nickcutter85 09 May 2013
I am in the alps all summer and am in a similar situation so let me know.

28yr old load of ski mountaineering and climbing doing some other 4000m peaks to summer also so let me know if you want to join on those as well?
 Angelo 12 May 2013
In reply to markcollins87:

Hi there! I was thinking about the same thing and planning a trip to the French Swiss Alps in August and September. Mont Blanc was on my list as well as Matterhörn and other picks.
I am 34 and did a few 4000 m picks and have mountaineering, trad and sport climbing experience and glacier traverse. I'll be around till the beginning of October so I am very open to do whatever reasonable. Thanks

Cheers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...