UKC

Ski mountaineering Bag.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Srick 07 Apr 2013
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a really good bag for skiing. At the moment I'm using a osprey mutant 32. Although a dedicated winter pack that can just about carry skis, I'm after something more suitable.

It would have to be 25-35l in size, and lightweight. Suitable for day tours and the odd bit of climbing. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good pack? What do you use?

Thanks for your thoughts
 top cat 07 Apr 2013
In reply to RichardAWatson:

Haglofs Rand 38 or 48.

Get the older model if you can find one, the new ones are no where near as good.
In reply to RichardAWatson: Mate, I've got a Black Diamond Alias, unused, for sale. It is a ski mountaineering pack that will work well for climbing too. Here's my ad for it.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=545251

Feel free to discuss it with me if you want.
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: What the link doesn't show is the extensive avalanche gear pouch - pretty much the entire back grey panel. You can stash all your metal gear in it, including crampons etc for winter climbing.
Srick 07 Apr 2013
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Its basically the mutant 32 but with dedicated ski straps and avv pouch.

Ive got a serious black diamond fettish so im tempted. Only bad thing is it wont be great for sidecountry stuff too. I think I might be asking to much from one bag...
 Aigen 07 Apr 2013
In reply to RichardAWatson: Osprey Variant.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...