Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - NHS encourages sports, but no (urgent) response to injuries

OneLifeOneHeart - on 09 Apr 2013
I have lived in 3 countries, and in all 3 countries there seems to be a quite ridiculous and shameful coincidence:

In case I injure myself or get pain while doing sports/physical activity, and I want to get treated immediately (for whatever reason - but I guess the main reason being that I don't want it to deteriorate over time), I end up being absolutely clueless on where to look for help.

Unless I Google and find private sport clinics, osteopaths, chiropractors, alternative therapists etc., but they are also shamefully expensive.

I hope this is only a bad dream, and that maybe I am wrong. Maybe there is a hidden NHS service somewhere, where I can call or walk-in and they know exactly what to do if I didn't stretch well before climbing and suddenly got arm/elbow pain (Instead of me having to wait weeks/months to even diagnose and use ice in the meantime).

For F's sake - does the public healthcare service really not to care?

Is there some sort of hidden business interest in not making this service more available to normal people?

And apart from the above rant-ful questions, I really am in pain right now and need help. As I mentioned, I Googled but didn't find where to start. I live in central London - in case anyone knows where to look for help, I would very much appreciate it.

I WANT TO BE TREATED NOW!
... not showing 29 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums