UKC

Anyone recommend me a good film (at the Cinema now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 balmybaldwin 09 Apr 2013
Had a look around the Cinema listings, but haven't heard anything about any of the films that are out... want to go to the cinema this week (date) so any recommendations?

Thanks
 Blue Straggler 09 Apr 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin:

I saw "Good Vibrations" last night (about Terri Hooley who was the hub of the late 1970s Belfast punk scene). It was passable straightforward stuff, bit obvious and simplistic but very well acted. Probably a good date movie!
 The Lemming 09 Apr 2013

Jack and the Beanstalk is quite good fun if you want to see a modern version of an old children's story.

We both enjoyed watching it last week.
In reply to The Lemming:

Do you mean Jack The Giant Slayer?
 ti_pin_man 09 Apr 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin: Trance is interesting but you need to have yer brain fully engaged and I found the first half difficult but it ends well.
 Ava Adore 09 Apr 2013
In reply to ti_pin_man:

A vote against Trance here. Great plot but I didn't like the way it ended. I like coming out of the cinema happy....maybe I should have seen a kids' film
OP balmybaldwin 09 Apr 2013

Thanks guys, some good (if conflicting) recommendations there... food for thought
 Big Steve 09 Apr 2013
In reply to The Lemming: +1 vote for Jack the giant killer, I went with my wife Friday evening and she slept all the way through it. There must have been 45 minutes of adverts so its not suprising. I enjoyed it though, its very clever how the writers have spun a story out from the fairy tale
 Big Steve 09 Apr 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin: Oblivion is out this week, I am looking forward to watching it, although I am not really a fan of Tom Cruise
I thought Oz The Great and Powerful was really good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...