Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Highland Fling - Any Advice?

Steff - on 09 Apr 2013
I am signed up to do the Highland Fling at the end of the month. I am quite used to the distance and have done longer races, but have never raced in the UK.
I have noticed that there are four points for drop bags, so I suppose people will go light and fast and not carry packs. Where I race (Spain and occasionally Germany), we are not used to such a density of drop bags, so I tend to carry everything. Will people go for handheld bottles?

What is the terrain like? I know the section from Crianlarich to Tyndrum and if the whole course is on similar ground it should be a fast race. I have set my sight on a sub 11 hour finish. In the last 3 months I have done a 3h50m trail marathon with 1250m ascent and have managed 63km in a 6 hour race on a flat course (to give an indication on my current fitness). Any views on my goal time, given the course?

Also, anything else I should know about racing in the UK? Wouldn't want to offend anyone ;-)
... not showing 40 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums