UKC

Geshido lace up vs velcro?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 apd 10 Apr 2013
Any experiences of either shoe? Looking to get a pair, I prefer laces but would go for the velcros if the laces are softer.

Cheers.
 neuromancer 10 Apr 2013
In reply to apd:

They feel different. Try them on.
 Steve nevers 10 Apr 2013
In reply to apd: Yup they are different. Both will mangle your big toe even if sized well.
 cha1n 10 Apr 2013
In reply to apd:

I tried on the Velcros and thought the shoe was clumpy and stiff. I only tried them on because a review on bananafingers stated they were too soft (which I like) but I could barely bend the forefoot with my hands. The heel also seemed overly wide.

I think the bandits are the only evolvs I'd ever wear if I was forced to do so, the other models are all too stiff for my liking...
OP apd 10 Apr 2013
In reply to neuromancer: I can't hence the post.
OP apd 10 Apr 2013
In reply to apd: Crikey, it's either Geshidos lace/velcro or Talons but couldn't decide. You may have just made my mind up, thanks!
 cha1n 10 Apr 2013
In reply to apd:

I do have a pair of talons which I only use on the woody as they are good on small screw on holds. Again, they're pretty stiff. The talons are essentially stiffer 5.10 Dragons and I generally wear dragons on routes.

Why does it have to be Evolv, are you sponsored or have won a competition or something?
 Steve nevers 10 Apr 2013
In reply to cha1n:
> (In reply to apd)
>

>
> Why does it have to be Evolv, are you sponsored or have won a competition or something?

Can't speak for the OP, but i've ended up in Geshidos due to them being pretty much the only last that fits my foot.

To be fair after breaking mine in a little there are actually a pretty damn good shoe, its just the toe cap + the 'love bump' makes them a bit nasty on the big toe knuckle, although thats already softening up somewhat.

Not sure what someone posted earlier about them being so stiff you can bend them in your hands, thats just boll*cks.
 neuromancer 10 Apr 2013
In reply to cha1n:

> I think the bandits are the only evolvs I'd ever wear if I was forced to do so, the other models are all too stiff for my liking...

Bandits are like B3's; there's no way geshidos are stiffer. Are you sure they didn't have a shoe tree in them when you tried to bend them in the shop?
 cha1n 10 Apr 2013
In reply to apd:

I know the Bandits are also stiff, I just think they fit better than many of the other models - I realise fit is subjective. I forgot about the pontas, I seem to remember them being a decent stiffness but the big toe is angled too much towards the middle of the toes for me.

My first ever shoe were the defys, which are quite a good shoe but ironically too soft for an all rounder. I know various sponsored athletes do good things in the evolvs and I appreciate that they are good value for money but I personally don't rate them as performance shoes.
 misterb 10 Apr 2013
In reply to apd:
The lace up is stiffer than the velcro version and about half a size smaller Lace feels stiffer and edgier but they both feel a bit wooden due to the stiffness.
velcro for bouldering and lace for routes would be my call.
Both are narrow but the lace is a bit narrower with less room in the toe box
 ColdWill 11 Apr 2013
In reply to apd: I just moved across to Geshido lace from Muiras. I find they have a better toe profile. Not quite as pointy. I can get a roomier Geshido and not get any foot role inside the shoe when edging. I also just got the Shaman which I rate better than the Muira VS, roomier but more precise, a bit more breaking in tho. Can't comment on the Geshido Velcro but they look the business. Never thought I'd leave the Sportivas but these new Evolves are a better fit for me.
 ColdWill 11 Apr 2013
In reply to ColdWill: 42 Sportiva to a 10uk Evolve if that helps
OP apd 19 Apr 2013
In reply to apd: Thanks everyone, it has made interesting reading! I love Muiras but the Shamans as well for me are just as good if not better.
I finally went with Geshido laces, here is to hoping they fit!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...