/ Alison Moyet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Say - on 10 Apr 2013
No. She hasn't died!

But I've just re-discovered the 'Hoodoo' album. What a voice! What a stonking voice. She is surely up there with the great female vocalists. And she has a great attitude....
waterbaby - on 10 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say:

How totally weird, I was thinking of her last night!
wilkie14c - on 10 Apr 2013
In reply to waterbaby:
> (In reply to Andy Say)
>
> How totally weird, I was thinking of her last night!

Really? in a girl crush kind of why? ;-)

She was on Radio 2 the other week talking about her life and the new album, very interesting story and prompted me to get the new album
andymac - on 10 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say:

Only You !

as brilliantly covered by The Flying Pickets.

Class song
In reply to andymac:
'Rise'. That's the one - 'Baby loose that frying pan / you don't live to feed that man'.

I remember her performance on Live Aid when she duetted with Paul Young. She blew him out of the water!
In reply to andymac:
The Flying Pickets!!! Worthy of another thread. Or linking to the Scargill thread that is currently on-going :-)
Ianto Bach - on 10 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say:

Alf - a great album, also recently rediscovered. You're spot on about the quality of her vocal ability, distinctive and powerful.

Makes me want to dig out some more old music, good thread...

I
andymac - on 10 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say:

Brian Hibbards passing makes watching the U-tube clip of 'Only You' even more of a reflective journey than it used to be.

one day,in a smoke filled room.circa 1983

Great video.
Blue Straggler - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say:

Woman with legendary reputation (and mainstream acknowledgement) for powerful voice has "stonking voice" shocker :-)
AlisonSmiles - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say: Bother. I'm going to have to go purchase the album now you've reminded me about her ... tapes are just no good these days.
paul mitchell - on 19 Apr 2013
In reply to AlisonSmiles: Yep,Ms Moyet has a great voice and has kept sane.See Guardian article on her recently.

Mitch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.