UKC

Alison Moyet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Say 10 Apr 2013
No. She hasn't died!

But I've just re-discovered the 'Hoodoo' album. What a voice! What a stonking voice. She is surely up there with the great female vocalists. And she has a great attitude....
 waterbaby 10 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say:

How totally weird, I was thinking of her last night!
 wilkie14c 10 Apr 2013
In reply to waterbaby:
> (In reply to Andy Say)
>
> How totally weird, I was thinking of her last night!

Really? in a girl crush kind of why?

She was on Radio 2 the other week talking about her life and the new album, very interesting story and prompted me to get the new album
andymac 10 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say:

Only You !

as brilliantly covered by The Flying Pickets.

Class song
OP Andy Say 10 Apr 2013
In reply to andymac:
'Rise'. That's the one - 'Baby loose that frying pan / you don't live to feed that man'.

I remember her performance on Live Aid when she duetted with Paul Young. She blew him out of the water!
OP Andy Say 10 Apr 2013
In reply to andymac:
The Flying Pickets!!! Worthy of another thread. Or linking to the Scargill thread that is currently on-going
 Ianto Bach 10 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say:

Alf - a great album, also recently rediscovered. You're spot on about the quality of her vocal ability, distinctive and powerful.

Makes me want to dig out some more old music, good thread...

I
andymac 10 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say:

Brian Hibbards passing makes watching the U-tube clip of 'Only You' even more of a reflective journey than it used to be.

one day,in a smoke filled room.circa 1983

Great video.
 Blue Straggler 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say:

Woman with legendary reputation (and mainstream acknowledgement) for powerful voice has "stonking voice" shocker
 AlisonSmiles 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Say: Bother. I'm going to have to go purchase the album now you've reminded me about her ... tapes are just no good these days.
 paul mitchell 19 Apr 2013
In reply to AlisonSmiles: Yep,Ms Moyet has a great voice and has kept sane.See Guardian article on her recently.

Mitch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...