ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - GriGri or ClickUp?

Chambers - on 11 Apr 2013
Hi Guys.

For reasons that I don't entirely comprehend, I'm about to start doing a lot of sport climbing. It's partly due to having relocated to the North Welsh coast where my local crag is a bolted sport venue. It's also to do with the fact I want to give my son a safe introduction to climbing, but mostly - I think - it's because nearly forty years of trad have made me unhinged enough to think that the distinction between trad and sport is no longer the burning issue that it once was!

So, to the point: I'm a little out of touch with developments in belaying devices for sport climbing. Having been on the scene at the advent of Sticht plates and used a number of variations on that theme over the years, I've never used anything else or felt the need for anything else. Now, however, with my climbing partner being relatively inexperienced as well as considerably lighter than me, I'm thinking that a GriGri or something similar is the way forward.

Any advice/opinions would be gratefully received.
... not showing 39 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums