UKC

Replacing a samsung camera screen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 11 Apr 2013
I managed to damage my Samsung WB150F Camera screen whilst on holiday. I found a replacement on Amazon and wondered if anyone has an idea of how hard they are to replace.

This is what the replacement looks like:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-DV300F-Display-DIGITAL-Replacement/dp/B0092...

It looks like it might just be a case of unplugging the old one and slotting the new one in (ensuring it's all near and tidy etc). Is this the case or am I thinking it looks easier than it is?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

EeeByGum 11 Apr 2013
In reply to James Malloch: You may find some youtube videos that help, but the only advice I can offer is to be exceedingly careful and ensure your workspace is very very clean and you have lots of light. Certainly don't do it on the carpet in front of the TV. You may need a surgical knife as often screens are bonded to the chassis.

Good luck!
OP James Malloch 15 Apr 2013
In reply to EeeByGum: Thanks for the advice, I might have to try and get someone else to have a look at it...

I think if the screws are smaller than a phillips screwdriver than I probably shouldn't be playing with it haha!
In reply to James Malloch:

I replaced the screen on my Samsung camera with one I bought from Amazon £6.90.

I could get all of the screws, bar 1 which I just snapped off. Was surprised how easily it was to fix, would happily do it again!

Camera works fine.

Stuart
OP James Malloch 15 Apr 2013
In reply to Stuart the postie: Ah that's reassuring, I might give it a go then. Will order one tomorrow anyway so I have it at least. Did you use any store in particular or just go for the cheapest?

Thanks!
In reply to James Malloch:

Cheapest.

Stuart

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...