Winter Climbing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Curved Ridge Tomo???

peebles boy - on 12 Apr 2013
It's been on the tick list all winter but I've not managed it. Given winter may be leaving the building for the foreseeable future, should I go for it tomo? Solo....

Done Sron na Lairig solo and found it fine, done Dorsal solo and found it do-able, have done CR in summer, Ledge Route was a breeze...
I know it comes down to conditions a lot of the time, but I'm feeling fit and healthy and happy with my skills. So...

How does Curved compare to routes above? Does the polished corner give it the grade it has, or is the entire route actually worthy of the grade (i.e., without the corner is it just a "straightforward" grade II)?

Seen the forecast and as such aiming for a well early start and finish before the weather kicks off and the avalanche hazard picks up.

N ridge of Sron na Creise as a back up I think.

Comments appreciated, I'm packing the bag now and going to bed in an hour, with several objects in mind for tomo, but would really like Curved to be the one to do (but not daft enough to blinded by it if things are not in good nick up there, and don't want a Maxibon day).

Cheers,
Gordon
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums