UKC

anyone speak Polish

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
A lad i work with (SEN, first language Polish)keeps talking abou Julye holidaysthey saying "soy-you". Anyone got ideas of what he may be trying to tell me. Is it a word or a place?
 Richard Carter 15 Apr 2013
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

I know basic Polish but have no idea :-P
Give me 10 minutes I'll ask my wife if she knows (she's Polish).
 BigBrother 15 Apr 2013
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): I don't understand all of your post let alone Polish.
I know. Haven't got to grips with posting/typing from phone!
 butteredfrog 15 Apr 2013

Is he asking you if you are going on holiday in July?

Unlikely, his condition means he is very focused on himself with little/no interest in other. It doesn't sound that way either.
 Richard Carter 15 Apr 2013

My wife has no idea what it could mean :-P
 Glyno 15 Apr 2013

are his (and your) employers asking him if he has any holidays in July?

(about July holidays, they are saying: "so, you"?)
 krikoman 15 Apr 2013
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): He's a cosmonaut he's saying Soyuz
redsonja 15 Apr 2013
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): what do you mean by his condition?
 Tall Clare 15 Apr 2013
In reply to heidi123:

SEN - special educational needs?
 MikeTS 15 Apr 2013

My wife. But I don't understand what you're saying in English!
Removed User 15 Apr 2013

He is saying that the first chance he has during the holiday in July he is going to get the hell away from you, and back to Poland. Hence the 'see you', as in a good riddance. What is that you have done to him to make him feel this way?
 Blue Straggler 15 Apr 2013

Is he a Happy Boy?
redsonja 15 Apr 2013
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): does he speak any English? is he trying to tell you something in polish or English?

Yeah has special needs, but has reasonable English. But this word definitely isn't. His speech is fairly clear and it is 100% one word he Thinkk i should know. But then he expects me to know a number of Polish words!!

I'll ask his mum tonight.
And yes he is very happy, though just annoyed at me for not understanding this one thing
redsonja 15 Apr 2013
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): let us know what he means. be interesting to know!
 Deviant 15 Apr 2013

I've no idea either, but I do hate the use of the term 'special educational needs'. Can't we call a child autistic, or mentally deficient or Downs syndrome ? If it's what they are, it's not derogatory or judgmental.
redsonja 15 Apr 2013
In reply to Deviant: I agree. I didn't even know what SEN meant
In reply to Deviant:

Is mentally deficient any better? His diagnosis is very complex so I don't think going into his medica/cognitive diagnosis would have really helped
 Dauphin 15 Apr 2013

probably not a great idea to discuss conversations you have with clients on the internet either

d
In reply to Dauphin:

Its anonymous and hardly personal information of a private nature...

and by the way, his mum can't work it out as he wouldn't say it when she was there. Will keep you informed if she works out what Soy-You may be
 Dauphin 15 Apr 2013

sure - go have a word with your manager about it & come back and tell us all about what they said.

d
In reply to Dauphin:

I see your point from purely a black and white point of view but I think you are being a little over the top and unreasonable.

As an aside it was actually the centre manager who asked me to try the internet and was quite interested in what UKC came up with as I told her it was my font of (often useless) knowledge. I feel quite deflated that UKC has let me down
 Dauphin 15 Apr 2013

just some friendly advice. you actually identified lots of details about your client when you could of asked simply what it meant.

d
In reply to Dauphin:

Thanks for the advice, I will bear it in mind.
 Ramblin dave 15 Apr 2013
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): I just keep thinking you want to have a conversation with some Stoney classics...
 Brass Nipples 15 Apr 2013

Assuming the rest of the conversation was in English, I'd say the last bit is English, but he's mis pronouncing it.. It probably is so you, as in what holidays have you planned.
 mark turnbull 15 Apr 2013
See uski I think
 krikoman 15 Apr 2013
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): If he won't say it when his mam's there maybe he's calling you a cnut!! Just a thought

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...