UKC

Montane Extreme mitts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d_b 16 Apr 2013
I just got back from 2 weeks in Norway, where we had some properly crappy conditions and am glad to report that Montane mitts are the dogs danglies.

Instant warm hands on demand, and didn't care about getting wet or how windy it was.

Only downside is that all the lettering fell off so they are now unbranded black mitts.

Highly recommended.
 Aigen 16 Apr 2013
In reply to davidbeynon: Which model did you get. I am interested. Plus can you fit an already gloved hand into them. As in you get to the belay and just put your gloved hand straight into the mitts. I take a size XL Mountain equipment super alpine softshell glove.
OP d_b 16 Apr 2013
In reply to Aigen: I got this one:

http://www.montane.co.uk/range/accessories/extreme-mitt

It's basically pile pertex with a rubberised palm. The pile seems thicker and warmer than the buffalo mitts.

I have a pair of fairly thin* neoprene type gloves and thinies that I can get the mitts on over, but it turned out not to be necessary. I found that they are warm enough that it was more comfortable to whip the gloves off and put them in an inside pocket to warm up then wear the montanes against skin.

I was planning to wear them over buffalos if it got stupidly cold but at -12 or so it just wasn't a problem.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...