/ favourite wild camp route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
AdCo82 on 16 Apr 2013
So what is your favourite two day wild camp / bivi route within either the Lake District or North Wales?

Do you take a tent or bivi?

Where do you camp?

Why is it your favourite route?

AT
Skip - on 16 Apr 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Borrowdale to Patterdale gives an option to climb Helvellyn. Been so long since i did this (over 20 years) i really can't remember how long it takes or where i camped.
Gordon Stainforth - on 16 Apr 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

One of the best I can think of (I've sort of done it, but not bivvied where I'm going to suggest) is to base it around Pillar, starting and finishing at Wasdale Head. If very keen and fit, start up Gavel Neese to the summit of Great Gable, then take in Kirk fell to the Black Sail pass, then continue to Robinson's Cairn below Pillar (if not so keen and fit, take the normal path to the Black Sail Pass from Wasdale Head). There's a good bivvy site on a spur overlooking Ennerdale nearby, in a great position (I've done this), but even better would be to take the scrambling route to the top of Pillar Rock and bivvy there. Would be stupendous. Then, in morning, return to Wasdale via Pillar Mountain, Steeple etc (whatever they're called) - the Mosedale Horseshoe - to finish on Yewbarrow. Descend south ridge to Wasdale.
AdCo82 on 16 Apr 2013
Thanks for the replies. I'm doing the Ennerdale Skyline another day so a different location would be nice.

After a quick look at the map I quite fancy Scafell Pike and Scafell. Is Great Moss the camping spot of choice there?
HB1 - on 16 Apr 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: Upper Eskdale is one of THE best places for overnight (or longer!) camping
dixmarra - on 16 Apr 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
The ridge of Yeastyrigg crags to Pike de bield, with impressive views of Scafell pike, Scafell, Pen, Ill crag, Bowfell and Crinkle crags . BUT DON'T TELL EVERYONE !!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35512950@N06/7993341059/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35512950@N06/7993393111/in/photostream
Gordon Stainforth - on 16 Apr 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Yes, Great Moss is absolutely fabulous. You have to camp on the very edge (Moss = Bog), excellent on north side, below High Great Crags.
rubisco - on 17 Apr 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

The Rhinogs have the best wild-camping in the UK south of Scotland. Isolated, little visited tarns nestled in amongst the craggy peaks make for sublime wild-camping.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.