/ Oblivion - Tom Cruise film

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Little Brew - on 17 Apr 2013
So me and the Hubby went to see this last night, good film, FAB Twist in the middle, and the end...

But... all through i kept feeling i had seen it before, then it hit me - it was a Wall-e / Independence Day Mash-Up!

Anyone else seen it?!?
The Lemming - on 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Little Brew:

Not yet, I was planning to but saw The Host last week. Would you say it would be better to wait till the film went to DVD before watching it?

The Host was a strange one.
In reply to The Lemming: Cinema, the shots were worth seeing in Big Screen, just wasn't what i was expecting.

The Host is written by the Twilight bird isn't it?
The Lemming - on 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Little Brew:
> (In reply to The Lemming) Cinema, the shots were worth seeing in Big Screen, just wasn't what i was expecting.
>
> The Host is written by the Twilight bird isn't it?

I did not know that when I went to see the film. Its an excellent sifi idea spoiled by the schitso chick-flick romance of two young men and one young woman. This film had so much potential but they screwed it up with the sickeningly lovy dovey Hollywood mush.

Good film though.
Skyfall - on 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Little Brew:

Yes I saw it at the weekend. Saw it on imax - superb visuals and sound. We really enjoyed it, more so than exepcted. As you say, it borrows a lot from other films - the two you mention plus others (eg. Star Wars trench scene). I found it quite gripping though I know some have found it quite slow. For me, if you can accept the rather shallow characters and the very heavy nods to other films, the only real weakness was the ending. Very obvious and it should have been cut short by about 2 mins.

4/5 for me.
In reply to Skyfall: Spot on! forgot the trench scene.
estivoautumnal - on 20 Apr 2013
In reply to Little Brew:

Saw this last night. Good for a Tom Cruise film. Mediocre overall.

Btw. Luckily I hadn't seen this thread before seeing the film but if you are going to mention the 'twist' in the film you should put 'spoiler' in the title.
wushu - on 20 Apr 2013
In reply to Little Brew:

I though it was awesome.

Also, the soundtrack was done by M83 which makes it even better.
bullybones - on 23 Apr 2013
In reply to Little Brew:
Enjoyed it. Several nods to Hal and his red light from 2001 ASO.
Little Brew - on 23 Apr 2013
In reply to estivoautumnal: at no point did i say what the Twist was, or who it applied to so there is no Spoiler! every film has some sort of twist in it, it is called a PLOT!
bullybones - on 23 Apr 2013
In reply to Little Brew:

Plot, indeed. There's a total oversensitivity to spoilers on here.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who mentionerd the lack of personality in the main characters? Not surprising in a bunch of clones with their memories wiped, is it?
ads.ukclimbing.com
Tim Chappell - on 23 Apr 2013
In reply to bullybones:

But perhaps saying it involves Tom Cruise and a lot of guns and spaceships counts as a spoiler?

Because given that info, I know exactly what happens, and also, exactly why I wouldn't accept payment to sit through this tripe :-)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.