/ Cairngorms Mountain Rescue Team fund raising

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sam Marland - on 18 Apr 2013
I don't often post here but I thought this would be a worth while piece of information to share. A friend of mine from Leeds University shared this link on facebook earlier. In February of this year, one of the senior members of the Leeds University Union Hiking club lost their life whilst trying to navigate a group to safety. The club are holding a sponsored walk in memory of their friend to raise funds for the CMRT to buy new equipment to aid them in their fantastic work. Here's the link https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/grahamconnell.

I'd just like to say that I didn't know Graham but I recently cought up with the friend who shared the link and I could tell from the fondness in her voice when she spoke of him, how highly thought of he was.
Andy DB - on 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Sam Marland: Great cause. Just to let you know your hyperlink has an extra full stop at the end so doesn't work properly.
In reply to Andy DB: Thanks for the heads up on the link! Here's an updated link https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/grahamconnell
nufkin - on 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Sam Marland:

Was this one of the incidents shown on The Adventure show documentary about the CMRT? I'm not sure if it's still on iplayer or not, but it highlights the effort the team made - make - and the worthiness of donating.
In reply to nufkin: I'm not sure if it was. I am not directly attached to the club or the incident. I just happen to someone who was on the trip. I thought it was worth while sharing the link here incase someone wanted to donate.
Welsh Kate - on 19 Apr 2013
In reply to nufkin:
Yes, it was included on the Adventure Show documentary.
lizard-16-07 - on 19 Apr 2013
In reply to Sam Marland: Thanks for sharing this Sam! We're over 4000 now, a fantastic achievement and contribution to the work CMRT do.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Sam Marland - on 20 Apr 2013
In reply to lizard-16-07: No problem. As I said, a worthy cause that needed sharing!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.