/ Grindlewald

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
nidge - on 20 Apr 2013
Off to Grindlewald area in July any good accommodation anyone could recommend (after the news story about fake accommodation) would be gratefully received :)
GregoryS - on 20 Apr 2013
In reply to nidge: Stayed in a hotel there once called the spider/spinner or something like that, which was excellent - think they also have some cheaper dorm type options.
paultobiasmason - on 20 Apr 2013
In reply to nidge:

Hostel up the hill is good, reasonably priced, you can book rooms out too. They've only got a microwave tho if you were thinking of self catering. Still possible to cook a meal!! They sell dinners, prob the better option. Views are amazing.

Alternatively cracking spot up at kleine scheidegg, not the main hotel, up the hill a bit. uber breakfast.
jon on 20 Apr 2013
In reply to nidge:

Just about the least expensive is the Mountain Hostel next to the station in Grindelwald Grund. http://www.mountainhostel.ch/en/mountain-hostel-grindelwald
bigdelboy - on 21 Apr 2013
In reply to nidge: We stayed in the Central Hotel Wolter a couple of years ago. Right in the centre of things, abouth 200m from the train station and opposite the bus stop. Pretty cheap for Switzerland, pretty basic. Rooms a bit strange ( fake cow heads and fake blocks of cheese!??? ) but clean and comfy enough. Staff were amazing though, nothing was any trouble for them, in the restaurant and the hotel.
featuresforfeet - on 21 Apr 2013
In reply to nidge:

There's a campsite in Lauterbrunnen that rents caravans - very nice and serves reasonably priced food too.
nidge - on 21 Apr 2013
In reply to jon: unfortunately fully booked :(
AndyG71 - on 23 Apr 2013
In reply to nidge: Stayed here year before last : http://www.downtown-lodge.ch/downtown-lodge/ About as cheap as Switzerland gets, dormitories, small but useful kitchen, decent lockers for leaving gear ...
nidge - on 25 Apr 2013
In reply to AndyG71: thanks for that one I have emailed them :)
alasdair19 on 25 Apr 2013
In reply to AndyG71: I stayed there too its massive we rocked up in Sept no probs though I guess off peak

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.