For Sale/Wanted forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - FS: Winter walking gear

Dave Cumberland - on 21 Apr 2013 - user since 10/Dec/11
Price: 99

Dear All,
A friend of mine passed away at an early age about two years ago. His widow has given me his winter walking gear to dispose of to a good home. I think he would be pleased to know the gear was being used by someone who shared his love of the mountains. I think she would be grateful for realising some cash from the disposal as she is not massively well-off.

He was not a climber, but a very keen walker. The gear consists of a very good walking axe, plus adjustable walking crampons and a length of rope. The kit is suitable for the serious walker who does not climb but who needs proper equipment for serious winter walking conditions in Scotland or the Lakes.

The gear is in really good nick and would probably cost about 200 to acquire new. I think 99 for the lot would be a nice outcome for his widow. I can arrange collection anywhere in the Lake District or elsewhere rather than pay for postage. I can email photos.

1. Camp Ortles 60cm walking axe, UIAA approved, lightly used.
2. Salewa 8 point lightweight adjustable walking crampons with angled front-points, rear bales, flat adjustable plates and rubber straps, hardly used.
3. Approx 80 feet or 25 metres of 9mm climbing rope, as new.

On Needlesport's website, axes start at 50 new, crampons start at 60 new, ropes start at 50 new.
I will sharpen the crampons ready for the next outing.
I hope someone can provide a good home for Keith's kit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums