UKC

G12-G15 Nikon p7100 s95?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ankyo 21 Apr 2013
Hi
My Lumix TZ18 bit the dust yesterday. Having played around with a dslr, I'd like to get something that is compact with a zoom but shoots raw files. It's for taking out into the hills for landscapes and pictures of clients/ Mrt exercises.

I'm looking at second hand and can't really go above £200. I'm looking online for the above, sometimes it looks like they are coming within my price range.

Do any of these stand out/should be avoided?

Thoughts please.
Thanks
In reply to ankyo: I can't comment on the others but I have a G12 and it's a brilliant little camera. If you see one for £200 then snap it up
OP ankyo 21 Apr 2013
In reply to Nicholas Livesey: does it automatically compose pictures like those in your gallery?
In reply to ankyo: Sometimes but not often he he he ;
 cat22 21 Apr 2013
In reply to ankyo: Really happy with my S95. One of the best things about it is the size - it is properly pocketable. Battery life is good, shoots raw, takes great shots. I use it for landscapes and climbing shots, and I can use it one-handed with no problem. I managed to get it new for £200 last year, which was an absolute bargain. Hope that helps...
 The Lemming 21 Apr 2013
In reply to ankyo:

You could drop down to an S90?

I got mine off this very site and it works great. Its only one generation down from an S95 so it has to be within your budget.
OP ankyo 21 Apr 2013
In reply to cat22:

Thanks. I am attracted to the size of the s95. It looks easy to attach to rucksack straps in a case etc. You did well getting it for £200 new!

In reply to ankyo:

I've a mint condition G11, with case, two spare batteries, and car charger, looking for a good home.

£200 & insured p&p. No offers.
 Deri Jones 21 Apr 2013
In reply to ankyo: Second the S90/95. Small, light and usable with gloves on. Ideal to go with a DSLR as you can chuck it in your pocket.
OP ankyo 22 Apr 2013
In reply to Dispater: yhm
 Richard Carter 22 Apr 2013
In reply to ankyo:

What about a Panasonic LX7?

I got mine new for less than £200 and is seems pretty good so far. The lens is very impressive. It was replacing a Canon S90 I broke and the lens is far sharper accross the frame, it's also f/1.4 which comes in handy.
Actually scrub that, just googled it to get a link to it for you and it's £240 now - must have been on offer when I got it.
In fact checking my email for the name of the shop I found the invoice and I did infact pay £230 so I was totally wrong :-P LOL
In reply to ankyo:

Reply sent.
OP ankyo 22 Apr 2013
In reply to Richard Carter: Thanks for going to that trouble. It looks like a good camera. i reallyiked the lens on my tz18, but I have committed now to the g11 above. Thank you
OP ankyo 04 May 2013
In reply to Dispater: camera arrived yesterday morning. You weren't joking about the mint condition. It's immaculate!
Really enjoying using it. Thanks for all the accessories and the book too.
In reply to ankyo:

Cheers Dude.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...