UKC

Core with weights

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CosmicHobo 24 Apr 2013
Been doing the same core routine for a while now but keep adding or swapping exercises every so often. I was wondering if using weights on your upper or lower body improved the effect or core exercises like legs lifts, v-ups and even crunches.
 dale1968 24 Apr 2013
In reply to CosmicHobo: simple answer yes; If you do dumbell curls stood up your using your core to stablilise your body, same for squats dl's
 UKB Shark 24 Apr 2013
In reply to CosmicHobo:

I've no idea how useful this is for improving the other exercises but deadlifts with heavy weights is the most useful core exercise for climbers in my opinion.

More here: http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,19645.0.html
 The Lemming 24 Apr 2013
In reply to shark:

I sincerely hope UKC never uses AVATARS.
ice.solo 24 Apr 2013
In reply to CosmicHobo:

yep, for sure. along with the usual stuff that amplifies development: speed, # of reps, range of motion and length of rest between.
 nw 24 Apr 2013
In reply to ice.solo:
I just started doing V-sits with a 10k weight in my hands, really effective, 20 strict reps is plenty. I get bored doing just bodyweight excercises because once you adapt you star adding reps and workouts just get longer and longer and tediouser and tediouser.
OP CosmicHobo 24 Apr 2013
In reply to CosmicHobo: Cheers guys, dont have any dumbbells or anything but my local wall have a weight vest and was thinking of wearing it around my chest or legs during different exercises. E.g. round legs for leg raises, upper body for sit ups ect.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...