Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Isn't TV Coverage of Cycling Boring ?

Deviant - on 24 Apr 2013
I'm a keen cyclist myself, but I have to admit I can't stand watching the sport on the TV. I mean, what does a cyclist do ? Well, I guess he pedals and that's about it ! How fu**ing boring ! Obviously, the one who pedals fastest is the winner, but really, the skill element is so small as to make it irrelevant ! Look at Armstrong, to pedal better than the others he took stuff and won, it was as easy as that !

This post is voluntarily provocative, but the season is upon us and we are going to be inundated with coverage of the major races and the images are always pretty much the same. Pierre or Paul winning by a fraction of a second after a last minute sprint, the only effort really made during 200 kms of almost flat, featureless country-side ! Why they bother I don't know ! It's the mountain stages that sort the men from the boys and offer the only tangible excitement the sport has to offer the average spectator such as myself.

... not showing 137 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums