Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Acclimatising for routes on the Tacul

rockstoned on 26 Apr 2013
I'm trying to organise our acclimatisation & climb of either the Goulotte Chere of one of the Contamine-something routes on Mt Blanc du Tacul (and heading to the summit after) for some time in the next 2-3 weeks. We have 3 days.

For acclimatisation I was thinking of sleeping at 2700-3100m for the first night, climbing Arete des Cosmiques which ends up on the at Midi 3800m+ the next day and sleeping the Cosmiques hut, and waking up early the next morning for the Tacul route.

We have access to snowshoes but would prefer the easiest approach, and since most lifts aren't running, this rules out Albert 1er and the Tete Rousse huts, which would've been perfect.

So that leaves sleeping at the Grand Mulets hut (3057m, 2km walk over crevassed glacier, from the halfway station of the midi) the first night, going up the midi the next morning to climb the Cosmiques arete, then sleeping at the Cosmiques hut and climbing to the top of the Tacul the next morning.

Is this the best I can do in spring with huts & acclimatisation? I'd really appreciate some input on this.

Thanks in advance!
... not showing 36 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums