UKC

I never thought

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
to hate a piece of software as much as I hate i-tunes.

Surely the worse piece of sh!t ever commuted to binary?

What's the best alternative?
 Pyreneenemec 27 Apr 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

Why ?

I've tried a few and I don't really see anything in particular to hate about i-tunes.
cap'nChino 27 Apr 2013
In reply to stroppygob: I've never got on with iTunes either. Always seemed a bit unstable and not simple or intuitive to use.
In reply to Pyreneenemec:
> (In reply to stroppygob)
>
> Why ?
>
> I've tried a few and I don't really see anything in particular to hate about i-tunes.

Why?

I tried loading several audiobooks I've ripped, despite going through the long and tedious labeling forma "get info", they end up scattered to the four winds across the music tabs, and do not function as audiobooks, (ie like podcasts)

I've ripped CD's and find I have one folder with "unknown tracks" in it, full of fully labeled albums with tracks, artists and cd name embedded in them.

Podcasts are a f*ck*ng nightmare to manage.

I could go on, but the red mist is coming down again.
 Enty 27 Apr 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

I feel your pain. itunes is quite simply the shittest software know to man. Ah no, maybe the Blackberry desktop software.....

E
In reply to stroppygob: It's strange how iTunes is so crap and awkward to use when you consider that it's from the same company that make the OS for the iPhone which is really intuitive.
Jim C 27 Apr 2013
In reply to Double Knee Bar:
> (In reply to stroppygob) It's strange how iTunes is so crap and awkward to use when you consider that it's from the same company that make the OS for the iPhone which is really intuitive.

Think of it like puppy's.
There is often runt of a litter, but for some reason owners persevere with it and keep it alive instead of just letting it die . (I an not a fan)
In reply to stroppygob:

itunes is brilliant on a Mac but terrible on Windows. I use MediaMonkey on my laptop, it works quite well but a lot better if you spend some time to set it up right. Loads of skins and UI options, which frankly I usually reckon is more trouble than its worth. Luckily for me a friend of mine put in all the effort to set his up the way he liked, so when I installed it he just set it up for me.
 Thrudge 27 Apr 2013
In reply to Double Knee Bar:
> (In reply to stroppygob) It's strange how iTunes is so crap and awkward to use when you consider that it's from the same company that make the OS for the iPhone which is really intuitive.

Yep, a truly godawful piece of software on Windows. Why it's so bad used to baffle me. Now I reckon it's just Apples contempt for PC users - they think we're all so thick we'll try iTunes and go, "Wow, this is rubbish! It must be my PC that's at fault. I'd better throw it in the bin and buy a Mac".

Mark Morris 27 Apr 2013
In reply to stroppygob: I never found iTunes that good on a Mac either, but my mac is so old I don't think I could update it past 10.3. Either way, when originally unpacked, as it were, it felt like the least Mac like software I have used. It appeared to automatically make copies of music files all over the place.

This appears to be the case on my windows 7 laptop too. I'm not even going to update from the version of iTunes I have now, as the last time I did the update doubled every file and then refused to play any of them.

Downloaded an older version of iTunes and then a utility to remove all the duplicate/triplicate files.

As a lover of simple mac technology, it is not intuitive at all.
 Bobling 27 Apr 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

You are suffering from i-rage. Happens to me too when using i-tunes.
andymac 27 Apr 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

a bit of a tw*t to use ,I suppose.
I only have to use it when downloading my CD`s.or i 'burning the word.
bit slow sometimes but ,my I pod touch is now crammed full of anything I will possibly listen too.
Today was mostly Erasure and Pet Shop Boys. dont mock.

One thing I-tunes will never get from me -a penny of my hard earned.
 wilkie14c 27 Apr 2013
In reply to andymac:

> Today was mostly Erasure and Pet Shop Boys. dont mock.
>

We don't need to, it sounds like you've done that yourself

andymac 28 Apr 2013
In reply to blanchie14c:

I have no shame.

I`m off to chop wood ,climb a hill and get some of my manly chores done.

If something camp sounding, comes bouncing through my ipod,it is hardly my fault.
 Morgan P 28 Apr 2013
In reply to stroppygob: What about trying spotify? Not sure how it deals with podcasts etc but it's a pretty common alternative to itunes
 The Lemming 28 Apr 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

>
> What's the best alternative?

Never used it, so I don't even know what it does. But by the mere fact that I've never used it means that there are alternatives out there.

What does iTunes do?
Roadie_in_denial 28 Apr 2013
In reply to Enty:

I'll see your blackberry desktop software and I'll raise you...Samsung's Kies.

Perhaps I was optimistic, perhaps I was even a little bit out of order yesterday afternoon when I tried to transfer a couple of pictures of Pembrokeshire from my phone to my Mac. Using the cable shipped with the phone, a cable which has actually worked in the past for the self same function...but no. After spending five hours (what can I say? I'm tenacious!) uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting, deleting and generally faffing around with every setting known to man...I pulled the Micro SD card out of the phone, shoved it into a card reader and pulled the photos off that way.
In reply to Roadie_in_denial:
Oh god Kies!!

I'd blanked that from my memory...

It's only not as frustrating as itunes, due to me not needing to use it as much.
In reply to The Lemming:
> (In reply to stroppygob)

> What does iTunes do?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+does+itunes+do

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...