UKC

Donegal bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
steve 18 Aug 2003
Have just found details of Carrickfin on the helpful shortspan.com site. Looks like there should be plenty to discover just by looking but was wondering if anyone has any other particular recommendations for good bouldering in Donegal. Will be there next week and although I've got the MCI crag guide I don't think I'll persuade anyone with me to actually get up any routes.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers,
Steve
 Dave Flanagan 19 Aug 2003
In reply to steve:
Hi Steve, there is loads of stuff. When we where there at Easter we saw a lot of massive boulders inland from Carrickfinn, can't remember exactly where but there is a huge boulder beside the road north (on the mainland) of Carrickfinn. There is a beach south of Burtonport that is worth a look for some bouldering and soloing (go at low tide). This is the work in progress. www.theshortspan.com/donegalphotos/donegal.htm
I assume you are going to be in the Gweedore/Bunbeg area?
There is also stuff in the Bluestacks and Eglish.
Mail me if you want more information. Let me know how you get on?
OP TOm 19 Aug 2003
In reply to Dave Flanagan: I camped at Muckross head and a guy there, who gave us a spliff incidentaly, pointed out some bouldering in the second bay. Unfortunately we had to leave before we had a chance to sample it. The trad is great there anyway.
OP steve 19 Aug 2003
In reply to Dave Flanagan:
Hi Dave,
That's really useful, thanks - sounds like there's plenty to play on so I just hope I get some time over at Carrickfinn. We're staying near Milford but we'll probably get about a bit so it's good to know about Bluestacks too. It's a family-holiday-throw-the-boots-in-as-well job so nothing hardcore but I don't want to miss out altogether. If I find anything good I'll let you know! Nice site by the way - impressed by the JG interview!
Cheers,
Steve
OP steve 19 Aug 2003
In reply to TOm:
well worth knowing about for if we get down there, thanks. we walked under the muckross cliffs in the rain a few years back and I'd like to be taking a rope this time but it's not going to happen. if we're nearby though will definitely call back and look for the bouldering.
thanks,
steve

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...