UKC

Evolv cruzers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 27 Apr 2013
Anyone tried these. They look like the dogs do dahs for multi-pitch descent shoes but I'm not sure about the sizing. I was once told that I am size 7 1/2 despite all my "street shoes" being size 8. I've also just bought a pair of 5.10 Newtons in an 8 which feel very comfy yet still perform well. The reviews suggest a snug fit so I don't know if I should get an 8 or an 8 1/2 and there doesn't appear to be anywhere convenient to try some on.

Anyone out there got experience before I go ahead and order and perhaps have to faff about returning.
 TimhNorthBASE 27 Apr 2013
In reply to GridNorth: Just baught them, they are ace, even look good enough to wear out and about, i baught size 9.5 which i normally wear and they are snug but comfortable, 10 would have been fine on me.
 Steve nevers 27 Apr 2013
In reply to GridNorth: I've got a pair of Evolvs and the sizing seems to be pretty much the same as my 'street' shoe.
 David Barlow 28 Apr 2013
I used a pair last summer for a trip to Handeg, Switzerland. They're excellent for long multi-pitch routes because they are so light you don't notice them on your harness; they're OK for non-arduous approaches (obviously they won't cope well with boggy ground since they're not waterproof and are a fairly minimal shoe), and you can even climb up moderate grade Handeg-style granite slabs in them.
 TobyA 28 Apr 2013
In reply to GridNorth: Not them but I reviewed the Capitans for UKC http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=4904 I ordered 42 which is normally my size in trainers/approach shoes and they are a good fit.
 redcal 28 Apr 2013
In reply to GridNorth: just bought a pair, size 8.5 I'm a 9 street shoe, bit snug but think they will be great on long multi pitch days!
OP GridNorth 28 Apr 2013
In reply to GridNorth: Thanks everyone for your input. I want something not very noticeable for the descents on multi-pitch routes so these might well fit the bill.

One more question to those who have a pair. With the heel folding down is it possible to slot one shoe inside another to reduce the carry size.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...