/ Val de Mello / Bregaglia info please
1. If its too hot (I live in Scotland!) are there any areas of a more shaded aspect or higher crags / routes with reasonable access that you recommend.
2. What's the accommodation story - camping and bunkhouse.
3. Is there a guidebook and how useful is it.
Quick reply, non exhaustive:
1. Low in the valley could be, but not necessarily. If too hot, head up to Gianetti or Allievi huts for sub alpine rock that would be perfect at that time of year. Watch out for afternoon storms in July and August.
2. Camping available in San Martino
3. You could start with Plaisir Sud, there are others. Try Versante Sud's Solo Granito.
Hope this helps.
1 & 2, pretty much as Luke said.
For 3, there's also an older Val di Mello guidebook... Not sure if you can buy it, but you could loan it from Camping Ground Jack (if you stay there).
Elsewhere on the site
Shortly after the sun crested Half Dome on 28th October, two of Yosemite Valley’s fastest women started up the Yosemite... Read more
Since launching their fantastic Reactive lighting technology Petzl have been producing brighter and longer lasting torches that... Read more
The Lakpa Rita and Kriti Tech jackets are a pair of shell products from the Sherpa Adventure Gear brand – the... Read more
Caroline Ciavaldini...Those in the loop of the competition scene a few years back would no doubt have heard this name -... Read more