/ Val de Mello / Bregaglia info please
1. If its too hot (I live in Scotland!) are there any areas of a more shaded aspect or higher crags / routes with reasonable access that you recommend.
2. What's the accommodation story - camping and bunkhouse.
3. Is there a guidebook and how useful is it.
Quick reply, non exhaustive:
1. Low in the valley could be, but not necessarily. If too hot, head up to Gianetti or Allievi huts for sub alpine rock that would be perfect at that time of year. Watch out for afternoon storms in July and August.
2. Camping available in San Martino
3. You could start with Plaisir Sud, there are others. Try Versante Sud's Solo Granito.
Hope this helps.
1 & 2, pretty much as Luke said.
For 3, there's also an older Val di Mello guidebook... Not sure if you can buy it, but you could loan it from Camping Ground Jack (if you stay there).
Elsewhere on the site
Nuts, wires, stoppers, chocks, wedges, whatever you want to call them, have been around for a long time. Initially made from... Read more
From a personal point of view, photographing the night sky is one of the most difficult, frustrating yet ultimately rewarding... Read more
The Grivel A&D Ascender & Descender is brand new for Autumn 2014 and incorporates a revolutionary and innovative patented... Read more
This survey is being conducted by the Outdoor Industries Association in order to find out more about how and why people... Read more