UKC

Upgrading from Lightroom 3 to 4 on Mac

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 thekendo 28 Apr 2013
Hi,

I was thinking of updating from Lightroom 3 to 4 on my Mac. I had a few questions that maybe some of you can help with:

1/ is it worth it?
2/ is it difficult? any pitfalls that I should be aware of?
3/ I've recently picked up a G-15 and the CR2 raw files from it are not recognised by LR3 even though the CR2 raw from my 50D is recognised.... Would upgrading fix this?
4/ as a short-term measure i've been converting to DNG and then importing to LR3, is this something that I should be worried about from a long term perspective or from a post production point of view?

I know that's a good few questions but I'd be very grateful for any advice that you can give me.

Thanks,

Kenny
 due 28 Apr 2013
In reply to thekendo:

LR4 adds support for G15 RAW files. It will recognise your DNG files just fine and is backwards compatible with any edits you have made to photos. Upgrading is very simple, just make a backup of your LR catalogue, open it in LR4 and it will convert it for you, ready to use. Nothing should change.
 roddyp 28 Apr 2013
In reply to due:

LR5 has just been made available as a beta version, so you might want to wait for that. (or at least check Adobe's policy re 'complimentary' upgrades if you buy an older version after the newer one is announced).

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom5/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...