UKC

two 10ks in 2 days - wise or not?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'd already signed up for 1 on a Saturday in May but a friends has asked me to run the day after. probably the only chance of running with her this year. I expect that I will aim for a fast Saturday and less so on Sunday to keep with her.

Is this wise?

Rich
 tony 29 Apr 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

You'll be fine. Don't expect too much of your times either day, but enjoy the running and the companionship.
 Banned User 77 29 Apr 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: Yeah its fine.. I occassionally race twice a weekend.. but if she is much slower than its just one race and one recovery run... I'd always do a slow 10k the day after a race, on anything from marathon distance down..

andy 29 Apr 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: As others say you'll be fine - treat it as a recovery. Only thing I'd say is if the Sunday is a "big deal" for your mate agree the "Captain Oates rule" - if you start to struggle make her promise to crack on and do her best.
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Cool, makes sense. She does 10k in about 60mins whereas I'm going for sub 48 mins this time on the Saturday. Doing the 'recovery' run, as you put it sounds like fun and will be a real test of my current decent form (three previous 10ks in under 50 and two longer well paced runs of 14 and 17km).

And no stitch for a while too, which is a bonus, although I put this down to loads of painkillers before a run.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...