Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Midlands walls

SausageCreature on 30 Apr 2013
Hi there,
My first post, so take it easy on me please.
I've just started indoor climbing, and have climbed at Alter Rock, Derby several times, Nottingham climbing centre (the old pool), Pinnacle at Birmingham, and White Spider in Surrey. I like them all.

I'm looking for recommendations within about 100 miles of Leicester for the best walls with varied top rope routes. I'm climbing 4s,5s and the odd 6a. My partner is better than I and climbs 6b & 6c. I guess most walls cater for the level we are at.

Ideally what we are looking for is a reasonably large centre with a good number of top ropes, or lines where we can climb an easier route up to set our own rope and come back down and do a harder route, so maybe lead on a 4 and then use the set rope to climb back on the same boards for 5/6s. Again this is probably true of most centres I imagine, so just the bigger centres in the midlands and surrounding areas. I'm happy to look at the individual websites once I've a few suggestions, but going through the BMC site brings up leisure centres with only one board/line/wall so it can take a long time to go through that site trying to find the right place......any recommendations please?

Thanks
Sc.
... not showing 20 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums