Photography forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Wide angle lens help and retailer advice

ianstevens - on 30 Apr 2013
Hi,

Obviously I'm still learning at this photography lark but I quite often find that I can't get as wide an angle as I would like on my photos. Now I'm not a complete moron, and I'm aware that the easiest way to fix this is invest in a new, wide angle lens.

I've done a bit of research, and reckon a Canon 17-40mm f4.0 etc. would be a good investment (notice the word investment there, I'd rather get something I can grow into), anyone got any advice/opinion/experience on the matter? I'm using a 550d body, which whilst I'm aware is hardly a world leader, I don't really want to replace as I've only got it within the past year, and will upgrade when it dies. However, lenses are for life and hence I'd rather invest there.

On top of this, I've found what looks like a decent price, not excessively cheap but if I'm going to give 600ish to a retailer I'd like to get a little feedback. So...anyone used Clifton Cameras and have anything to say about them?

Thanks if you made it to the end of this and for any subsequent advice :)
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums