UKC

Felxor Digitorum/locked clenched fingers problem?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 martinph78 30 Apr 2013
Hi all,

I am asking here as I'm wondering if anyone else has suffered the same problem and can save me a trip to the docs who will tell me to stop climbing. Yawn!

Today my right middle finger and then later the three middle fingers of my left hand clenched right over to the palm. I watched them move into this position slowly, with a pain similar to cramp in the finger until they reached the clenched position. The pain stopped but the fingers were clasped solid at the palm. I couldn't move them, not even forcefully with the other hand.

Rubbing my flexor digitorum muscle seemed to release the fingers and they seemed fine afterwards.

I had felt a bit pumped on a previous route, but no worse than I have before, and I was well rested before the next climb. I've never had this happen before.

Thankfully I wasn't too far from the ground and my friend helped me down-climb one handed.

Interested to know what it was if you have had it diagnosed? It could have been quite a problem higher up a different route and came with no real warning so I want to get it sorted!
OP martinph78 30 Apr 2013
In reply to Martin1978:

Title should obviously say FLEXOR not felxor
 vark 01 May 2013
In reply to Martin1978:
I've had it a few times and think it is just cramp in the flexors.

Don't waste your doctors time!
OP martinph78 01 May 2013
In reply to vark:
> (In reply to Martin1978)

> Don't waste your doctors time!

Don't waste mine by visiting the doctors would be more like it!

Great if it was just cramp, puts my mind at rest a bit

Cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...